COVID-19 Health & Safety
Downtown Day Camp COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines
Manhattan Youth has been safely and successfully running full-day, in-person, Learning Lab Programs for children in our Downtown Community Center since fall 2020. We are experienced COVID Health & Safety Practitioners and will continue to follow approprtate guidelines at camp.
· Camper and staff temperature checks and health screenings performed daily before entry.
· Any person exhibiting symptoms or not passing the health screening will not gain entry.
· Parents and care-givers will not be allowed in the building even if picking up early.
· Our Downtown Community Center HVAC system has been updated with state-of-the-art filters.
· On-site nurse assigned specifically to our camp program.
· Groups of children will not exceed 15.
· Masks will be worn by campers and staff (except when eating and swimming).
· A distance of six feet will be maintained indoors whenever possible.
· Groups of campers and staff will remain static during the day, i.e. campers and staff who are grouped together daily will not share a room with a different group of campers and staff.
· We will conduct regular cleanings of rooms and spaces, and the entire facility will receive a thorough cleaning overnight.
We are all in this together. Take care of yourselves and take care of each other. Now more than ever we are a Center for community!
*Safety Protocols may change and be updated at any time based on our NYC Department of Health guidelines and CDC recommendations.